Gatherings with friends and family and everyday tasks such as grocery shopping, going out for dinner and work life have changed drastically during the COVID-19 pandemic. It seems like, almost overnight, the entire world has had to embrace living digitally as a means of keeping healthy—both mentally and physically.
The beauty about living through this mandated time of self-isolation is the countless online resources that are available to us. Alleviate boredom and improve your well-being with a variety of resources that will keep you busy, challenge your brain, stay healthy and connected through COVID-19.
Does the COVID-19 pandemic have you feeling bored? Do you miss enjoying a bag of your favourite movie theatre popcorn or dressing up and taking in the latest musical? There are countless options available right now to keep you entertained all in the comfort of your own home:
- The Show Must Go On: Andrew Lloyd Webber offers free musicals to stream on YouTube
- l'Orchestre classique de Montréal: 45-minute session streamed on Facebook
- Netflix Party: new feature that are designed to connect long-distance friends, family, and neighbors
While lounging across the couch in front of the tv has it’s time and place, there has never been a better time to become a fitness junkie. Here are some resources to keep you moving and staying healthy while waiting for the pandemic to pass:
- Core Power Yoga: Offering hour long classes and meditation
- Barre 3: 15 Day at Home Challenge
- Planet Fitness: Work-ins via YouTube
- Pilates Anytime: 15 day trial – online, anytime
- Pelaton: Extended 90 day trial!
Staying at home through COVID-19 may have confined us into our homes, but it has also provided us with an invaluable commodity – time. There’s never been a better time to learn a new skill, embrace a hobby or simply try something new with your family. Whether you are looking to read the newest best seller, develop your inner chef or simply looking to keep your mind sharp, below are some of the resources available:
- Learn to cook with industry leaders:
- Read (or listen) to free books:
- Audiable is offering a 30 day free trial and 30% off any books after